July 06, 2012

On a Scottish vacation!

Hello all! I am currently hanging out in bonny Scotland (some might call it rainy Scotland) for a vacation with the family. We're having a great time visiting family and friends (my hubby is a Scot) but I unfortunately have no way to blog-- all I have is an old iPad with me. It's been a few years since we were last here so I just love sharing all my favourite Scottish things with our kids now that they're older. I was hoping to photograph some of them and post them to the blog, but realised a couple of days ago that I've lost the battery power on my camera and forgot to bring the bloomin' charger! Of all things to forget! Our 2 older girls brought their little cameras (with chargers, smart them) so all might not be lost. I may just be able to sneak in a few pics after all. Things like: thick, green hedgerows; magpies; Walkers and M&S crisps (chips); old, haunted castles; fish supper at the local chippy; Marks and Spencer's sandwiches; golfing until 10:30 at night (it's still light out!); Indian take-out; side of the road strawberries; Irn Bru; bathroom pull-cord lights; Thornton's toffee; Scottish tablet; and double decker buses. I'm sure I will think of a few more as our vacation goes on as well. Two Scottish things I don't miss though, are haggis and black pudding-- yuck! Hubby had both of those yesterday and today. I can't even take the smell! Unfortunately, we have chosen to visit while Scotland is enjoying the most rain since the 1860's! The north of England is apparently being flooded. Even so, it's great to be back!

5 comments:

  1. My husband is a Scot (born here, but his parents and sister were both born in Scotland) and he enjoyed all your references - M&S, Iron Bru, etc. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Where is his family from? It's a beautiful country.

      Delete
  2. Have a fab time! I was at Edinburgh university and have such great memories of my four years in bonnie scotland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Niki! We're heading to Stirling today and over to Edinburgh on Friday for a night out with friends. I guess your summers have wonderful long days as well!

      Delete